1. The Hirer “boat captain” must be over 18 years old. Acceptable document will be required to show identity at the embarkation . The hirer shall be responsible for all what is entrusted to him (the boat, its equipment and also for his crew and anyone on board). Rendez vous Fantasia (now on RVF) reserves the right to refuse to hand over a boat to any hirer who, is not suitable to take charge of it.
2. Booking/Payment: booking is: confirmed by payment of the down-payment and once the Hirer has read, signed and returned the booking form and hire conditions; completed by paymen of thr balance (at least 30 days before the departure day).
3. Cancellation plan. To be undersigned at the reservation. Its object is to guarantee the refund of the hire charge, paid to RVF, to the policy holder as foreseen in Item (5) “Cancellation by the Hirer”. This plan is valid if the Hirer cancels the cruise BEFORE ARRIVAL because of one of the following reasons: illness, serious accident, death of the policy holder or one of his parents or children, serious damage to his first house, and loss of job and extraordinary work changes. The plan guarantees all the members of the party whose names are listed in the booking form. In case of cancellation RVF shall refund the total hire charge to the policy holder. The cancellation premium and the dossier sum of 150 Euro is not refundable.
4. Cancellation by RVF. If RVF can not provide the Hirer with the booked boat because of unforeseeable circumstances, it undertakes to use all means at its disposal to obtain a boat of similar capacity and standard to that initially hired. If it is not possible RVF will refund the total hire charge.
5. Cancellation by the Hirer: if you wish to cancel your reservation you should notify RVF immediately by phone with subsequent confirmation in writing. The penalties are as follows: up to 30 days prior to departure, the amount paid as down-payment; less than 30 days prior to departure, the entire hire fee will be due.
These penalties may be reimbursed, except for the fixed cost for the dossier amount of Euro 150 if: you have undersigned and paid for the cancellation plan (3); the boat has been re-hired to others.
6. Modification of the booking. Each modification of the booking by the renter as from the confirmation date until 8 weeks before departure date will be billed 50 €. Within 8 weeks before date of embarkation, any modification of cruise will have to be submitted to the RVF’s approval.
7. One way cruise. RVF undertakes, as far as possible, to respect the cruise configuration confirmed to the Customer at the signing of the contract, however the booking of a 'one way' cruise can never be totally guaranteed and the embarkation and disembarkation bases may be subject to variations up to 48 hours before embarkation. The reversal of the cruise direction or the modification of a "one way" cruise into an "out and back" cruise by RVF, can not in any case cause cancellation by the Lessee. The "one way" supplement will be refunded if the cruise is changed from "one way" to "out and back".
8. Insurances. The insurance includes the accidental damage to the boat, to its equipment and the to Hirer’s third party liability (only for boats owned RVF), transport to hospital in case of accident or disease, and boat recovering. The insurance does not cover the Hirer’s personal belongings and RVF is not responsible in case of theft, loss or damage of the Hirer’s personal belongings.
9. Deposit. A refundable damage deposit (as in the price list) must be paid by credit card on the departure day, upon arrival. The deposit will not be retained if at the end of the cruise the boat and its equipment are in good condition, with no damages and free of any liability for damage to a third party, at the agreed place and time. It is possible to request and to pay a supplementary insurance on the day of departure to cover the deposit amount. In any case the renter must communicate credit card details to RVF to cover the exclusions from the insurance guarantees, any undeclared damage, and any after-effect caused as a result of the renter's negligence or reckless conduct. A pre-authorization of 250,00 € will be asked just in order to verify the card validity.
10. Assistance/Accident. The hire price includes breakdown assistance. RVF commits itself to ensure assistance in the best way and in the shortest time. Just for interventions due to the negligence of the renter (i.e. toilet clogging, bow thruster fuse burning, a.s.o) or in case of running aground, the renter shall pay a refund. The renter undertakes to report immediately, by phone, to RVF any accident or breakdown in which he/she is involved and to abstain from any unnecessary or not urgent initiatives. The renter shall have no claims against RVF as a result of any grounding or breakdown or failure of the boat’s engine or equipment. RVF has the right to recover from the renter the expenses incurred to rectify the matter when breakdown, stranding or failure are due to the negligence of the renter.
11. Embarkation. The boat is at the renter's disposal at the agreed time. The dispatch of the following formalities will be effected according to the customers order of arrival: registration of the captain’s document; security deposit and payment of balance and further extras; signing the inventory of the equipment in the boat and boat control; technical instructions for the use of all the equipment on the boat; explanation of navigation limits and routes; obligations and navigation suggestions; short demonstration tour.
12. Disembarkation. The boat must be returned to RVF at the end of the cruise tidy and in good working condition, at the agreed place and time. The renter undertakes to report any equipment lost, broken or any damages. Every dent or abrasion on the hull shall be strictly picked out. RVF reserves the right to recover from the renter any expenses which it has incurred as a result of an abandonment of the boat during the cruise. In case of late return the RVF has the right to invoice a half or a whole day of location. The return to the base for the overnight stay is recommended the night before.
13. Term of use. RVF undertakes to give necessary information and adequate use and navigation instructions ( also practical) before sailing off .The hirer must follow the waterway regulations (river, channels, lagoon, and coast). The hirer must cruise within the limits indicated either by the R.V.F. or by the authorities. The navigation is allowed within the first 500 meters and not over 1 sea mile from the sea coast (only for authorized boats). It is forbidden: navigation and stop off at sea by night; to tow the boat, to sublet or to lend it, to moor in places not authorized, in landing stages “ACTV”; to anchor in ship-canals; navigation with bad weather conditions; the navigation in the Canal Grande, in the internal channels of Venice, Giudecca, Murano, Burano, Torcello and Lido.
14. Impracticable navigation. If exceptional events make cruising difficult or impossible so that the hirer can not sail for 48 hours or longer, the paid hire charge will be valid for another vacation according to availability (only for boats owned by RVF).
15. Interruption or limitation of navigation along inland waterways for technical reasons, administrative police, strikes, floods or lean rivers, bad weather, and for any other circumstance beyond RVF' control, will not give the right to any reimbursement, even if this happens after the choice of the itinerary by the Hirer and the signing of the contract.
16. Pets. Pets are welcome on the boat but the user shall not utilize in no way the equipment aboard for the pet. All requirements for the pet must be brought by the owner. A lump sum (as in the price list) must be paid by the hirer on the departure day to cover additional expenses due to additional cleaning that the presence of a pet in boat entails.
17. Privacy. The personal data of the Lessee (name, surname, address, telephone number, etc) will be processed in compliance with current EU legislation on the protection of personal data.
The venue for any proceedings hereunder shall lie in Venice (Italy)